W.H.O estimates that 1 million Afghans suffer from depression and 1.2 million Afghans suffer from anxiety.
As part of the Peace of Mind Afghanistan mental health campaign, we created these two TV commercials about anxiety and depression. We wanted people to learn more about the signs of depression and anxiety and be encouraged to ask someone who might be suffering if they’re ok.
The commercials were created in both national languages in Afghanistan and broadcast 130 times on two of Afghanistan’s most prolific TV channels; 1TV (Farsi) and Shamshad (Pashto).
Our messages and scripts targeted audiences aligned with TV viewership in Afghanistan, and audiences at risk of suffering from anxiety and depression:
- Young females aged 12- 28 and their families to raise awareness about depression.
- Male working professionals aged 25-40 and their families to raise awareness about anxiety.
- Director: Hasiba Ebrahimi
- Camera: Jordan Bryon
- Producer: Hezbullah Sultany
- Sound: Khalid Drodgar
- Lighting: Reza Mohabbati
- Make-up: Maryam Faqirzada
Featured | TV Campaign | Afghanistan